Environmental changes can be hard on the skin. Coming out of winter and into warmer weather can see eczema sufferers rejoicing but for others things can become problematic. Skin can become excessively oily, shiny and ruddy. Keep on top of your game, prevent ageing and look good this summer.
Follow these 5 simple steps to improve skin texture and prevent aging:
- Drink 2 litres of water daily. Warmer weather puts demands on the body and your skin suffers so up your water intake to plump the skin and improve circulation for effective barrier function.
- Exfoliate. Reduce that ruddiness and assist your natural oil flow to prevent clogging and pimples. Remember less is best – twice a week with a gentle scrub is enough.
- Vitamin C. The skin gets attacked by stronger UV rays in summer which causes a lot of damage in the skin. Using a Vitamin C serum daily will reduce inflammation caused by UV rays and help to strengthen cell function as well as assist collagen production.
- Use an SPF in your daily moisturiser. Find a light textured moisturiser with an SPF of 30 or above and reduce your UV exposure and prevent aging. There’s no excuse! Sun protection has come a long way and no longer do we have to suffer with a thick sunscreen.
- Get a few salon treatments in to kick start rejuvenation. Fruit acid peels and/or lactic acid peels will deeply exfoliate and smooth the skin for that instant glow.