Winter has well truly settled in and I don’t know about you, but this cold weather leaves my skin feeling dry.
Here are our top 5 tips for keeping your skin healthy throughout winter.
- Hydrate. Your skins barrier is compromised in harsh weather, especially the cold. Give it some extra protection by switching your moisturiser to one that has more oil. If you have an oily skin then pop a hydrating serum underneath your moisturiser instead.
- Product Check. Using a foaming cleanser? Even for an oily skin this can strip the skin of its natural oils and again compromise the barrier. Look for cleansing milks or a jojoba oil to cleanse with.
- Be mindful. If you’re going to be in air-conditioning/heating/out in the cold and pop a little extra moisturiser on throughout the day. Drinking extra hot drinks to keep warm? If they contain caffeine ensure you chase it with extra water.
- Maintain. Have a consistent skin care routine. It doesn’t need to be complicated. Cleanse in the shower and moisturise once the skin is dry. If this is all you can manage and you are consistent you are giving your skin regular protection.
- Drink. Loads of water. This isn’t anything new but it works. 2 litres a day will make a bigger impact on your skin than any cream will.
These simple tips will get you on your way to maintaining a healthy skin throughout winter and stave off those signs of ageing. Not sure of your skin type or need extra advice? Book a treatment and have a professional analyse your skin and tailor the right products and treatments for you.